
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The U.S. pledged over $65 billion in military aid to Ukraine under former U.S. President Joe Biden, but President Trump suspended it temporarily after a heated Oval Office clash with Ukraine’s president, casting doubt on support from its key ally.
The U.S. is halting all military aid to Ukraine until President Trump is satisfied that its leaders are committed to peace, according to a senior U.S. officials speaking with outlets including the Associated Press, Bloomberg and Axios.
The pause, which includes freezing equipment in transit, will begin immediately. U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has been ordered to implement the pause, which will remain in place until Trump determines Ukraine’s leaders have shown a good-faith commitment to peace.
“President Trump has been clear that he is focused on peace,” a White House official told Axios. “We need our partners to be committed to that goal as well. We are pausing and reviewing our aid to ensure that it is contributing to a solution.”
Trump criticized Ukrainian President Zelenskyy on Monday, referencing an Associated Press article where Zelenskyy reportedly said, “An agreement to end the war is still very, very far away, and no one has started all these steps yet. The peace that we foresee in the future must be just, honest, and most importantly, sustainable.”
In response, Trump said, “President Zelenskyy supposedly made a statement today on AP, I’m not a big fan of AP, so maybe it was an incorrect statement, but he said he thinks the war is going to go on for a long time, and he better not be right about that. That’s all I’m saying.”
Trump later posted on Truth Social in response to the AP article, “This is the worst statement that could have been made by Zelenskyy, and America will not put up with it for much longer! It is what I was saying, this guy doesn’t want there to be Peace as long as he has America’s backing and, Europe, in the meeting they had with Zelenskyy, stated flatly that they cannot do the job without the U.S. – Probably not a great statement to have been made in terms of a show of strength against Russia. What are they thinking?”
President Trump speaking to reporters late on Monday stated, “It should not be that hard a deal to make. It could be made very fast. Now, maybe somebody doesn’t want to make a deal, and if that’s the case, I think that person won’t be around very long.”
This marks the latest in the widening rift between Washington and Kyiv, as the war enters its third year, claiming hundreds of thousands of lives, with no peace in sight.
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
As the Israeli prime minister visited the nation, Hungary announced Thursday that it would withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague.
Mass protests against Hamas continued in Gaza on Wednesday—following two days of demonstrations last week, marking the most significant unrest in 18 months—as the terror group tortured and killed two protesters, threatened a crackdown, and drew vows of revenge from the victims’ families.
A night raid by suspected Fulani militants in Bokkos County, Nigeria, left 11 Christians dead, including a pregnant woman, her husband, and a 10-year-old girl.
A house church pastor was sentenced to five years in prison, according to a magazine covering religious liberty and human rights in China.
Between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, the Israeli Air Force carried out widespread strikes across Syria, targeting military bases and facilities from the Assad regime era — a move widely seen as a warning to Turkey.
The secretary general of the NATO military alliance on Thursday mourned four American soldiers who were killed during a military exercise in Lithuania.
President Donald Trump and some Republicans were quick to shrug off stock losses Thursday as the market responds to a jolt from Trump’s reciprocal tariffs.