
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The United States Supreme Court is soon to hear a case challenging a Tennessee law that prohibits sex-change treatments for minors, CBN News reports. The Republican-led Tennessee legislature last year passed the law that bans minors from receiving hormone therapy, puberty blockers, and sex-change surgery.
Brought by the Biden administration’s Justice Department together with a Nashville trans-identifying teenager, his parents, and the ACLU, the case known as ‘United States vs. Skrmetti’ will be heard by the Supreme Court justices next month.
Explaining the reasons for the legal challenge, ACLU attorney Chase Stangio said in a statement: “If the court can announce that we are not protected under the Constitution, it can and will do that for everyone. The movements that are targeting trans people currently are pushing the false narrative that it is harmful to be trans.”
However, many experts internationally have expressed severe concerns about the impact of such drastic and often irreversible treatments for minors especially.
“We know based on research, based on clinical practice, based on growing international consensus, that these interventions for minors are not based on any credible evidence that the benefits outweigh the risks. There are a growing number of teenagers and young adults who say that they have been harmed,” Dr. Leor Sapir of the Manhattan Institute said in a statement to CBN News.
“[The Biden administration] eliminated age minimums from their standard of care recommendations under pressure from Dr. Rachel Levine, the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services,” Sapir said.
“Puberty blockers are associated with risks such as cognitive impairment, bone density problems, brittle bones, sexual dysfunction, and of course sterility when they’re coupled with cross-sex hormones, lifelong sterility, so there are serious risks that come from these interventions. And I haven’t even gotten into the surgery issue, so, it’s perfectly reasonable. In fact, it’s completely justified for states to say, this is an ongoing uncontrolled medical experiment on children, and we’re going to regulate it.”
“We’re going to make sure that kids have the ability to understand what they’re getting themselves into before they can possibly give consent to these treatments,” Sapir attested.
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Pastor Praveen Pagadala, one of India’s most well-known Christian evangelists, has been found dead under alleged suspicious circumstances in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, Worthy News learned Wednesday. He was 46.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Wednesday he would sign “a historic executive order instituting reciprocal tariffs on countries throughout the world” ranging from 10 percent to 49 percent.
European Central Bank head Christine Lagarde warned Wednesday that U.S. President Donald Trump’s planned tariffs will have a negative impact worldwide, with the damage depending on how far they go, how long they last, and whether they lead to successful negotiations.
The FBI ordered agents to stop discussing Hunter Biden’s laptop just hours after one of its own inadvertently confirmed its authenticity to Twitter, internal messages show. Ahead of The Post’s 2020 reports, the FBI had warned tech giants of a potential Russian disinformation dump resembling the laptop contents. Once the story broke, Facebook execs weighed censorship strategies to align with the expected Biden-Harris administration, according to a congressional investigation.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday that Israel is expanding its Gaza operations after heavy overnight strikes, with troops set to clear terrorists and infrastructure and seize territory for expanded security zones.
At least six nuclear-capable B-2 Spirit stealth bombers have been seen at Camp Thunder Bay on Diego Garcia, a remote U.S. base in the Indian Ocean according to satellite imagery analyzed on Wednesday by the Associated Press.
Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister issued a strong warning to the United States, cautioning that any military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities would lead to “catastrophic” consequences for the entire region after President Donald Trump threatened the “bombing the likes they have never seen before.”