
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Trump administration officials are rejecting claims that they are ignoring Russian cyber threats, labeling such reports as “fake” while attempting to mediate an end to Russia’s war in Ukraine, despite rumors of U.S. government policies that seem to underestimate these risks.
According to a report by the U.K.’s Guardian newspaper, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) was alleged to have stopped viewing Russia as a cyber threat, a claim CISA firmly denied. The Guardian cited a “recent memo” that prioritized other threats over Russia, notably mentioning China, which fueled these allegations.
“CISA’s mission is to defend against all cyber threats to U.S. critical infrastructure, including from Russia. There has been no change in our posture,” the agency stated on X, dismissing the report as “fake and undermines our national security.”
CISA’s mission is to defend against all cyber threats to U.S. Critical Infrastructure, including from Russia. There has been no change in our posture. Any reporting to the contrary is fake and undermines our national security.
— Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (@CISAgov) March 3, 2025
Meanwhile, Tricia McLaughlin, the Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, refuted the Guardian’s report on X, stating, “The Guardian’s entire story is based on an alleged memo that the Trump Administration never issued, and the Guardian refuses to let us see or tell us the date of said memo.”
The Guardian’s entire story is based on an alleged memo that the Trump Administration never issued and the Guardian refuses to let us see or tell us the date of said memo. https://t.co/fpc2VxwHyI
— Tricia McLaughlin (@TriciaOhio) March 3, 2025
Nevertheless, over the weekend, it was revealed that the U.S. Defense Secretary ordered the suspension of offensive cyber operations against Russia as the Trump Administration seeks to end the war in Ukraine.
The updated guidelines impact activities conducted by U.S. Cyber Command, a Department of Defense unit dedicated to cyberspace operations and hacking; however, they do not extend to the espionage activities carried out by the National Security Agency.
Despite recent media reports, when asked to confirm them, a senior defense official told The Record—the outlet that first reported the suspension of offensive cyber operations—that they do not “discuss cyber intelligence, plans, or operations.”
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
As the Israeli prime minister visited the nation, Hungary announced Thursday that it would withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague.
Mass protests against Hamas continued in Gaza on Wednesday—following two days of demonstrations last week, marking the most significant unrest in 18 months—as the terror group tortured and killed two protesters, threatened a crackdown, and drew vows of revenge from the victims’ families.
A night raid by suspected Fulani militants in Bokkos County, Nigeria, left 11 Christians dead, including a pregnant woman, her husband, and a 10-year-old girl.
A house church pastor was sentenced to five years in prison, according to a magazine covering religious liberty and human rights in China.
Between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, the Israeli Air Force carried out widespread strikes across Syria, targeting military bases and facilities from the Assad regime era — a move widely seen as a warning to Turkey.
The secretary general of the NATO military alliance on Thursday mourned four American soldiers who were killed during a military exercise in Lithuania.
President Donald Trump and some Republicans were quick to shrug off stock losses Thursday as the market responds to a jolt from Trump’s reciprocal tariffs.