
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
HAIFA, ISRAEL (Worthy News) – At least one person has been killed in a stabbing attack at a bus station in the Israeli coastal city of Haifa before the suspected attacker was shot dead, authorities said Monday.
Several others were injured in what police described as “a terrorist act.” Hamas praised the attack but did not claim responsibility.
Emergency services said Hassan Karim Dhamshe, a 70-year-old man from the Arab town Kafr Kanna, died at the scene.
At least three others were seriously injured, according to authorities.
Tensions were also rising in southern Gaza, where Palestinian media reported that “the Israeli military killed two Palestinians in Rafah.”
Four others were injured following Monday’s violence at the bus station near the Lev HaMifratz Mall in central Haifa on Monday morning, officials said.
Police said the killed attacker, believed to be an Israeli Druze man, had recently returned from abroad.
DRUZE COMMUNITY
However, the head of the Druze community, Sheikh Mufak Tarif, condemned the attack and sent condolences to the family of the murdered man.
He also asked that “before concluding,” people “wait for the facts to be clarified in depth and for the investigation to be completed by the security forces: the background [of the attacker], origin, circumstances, and the severe mental illness from which he suffered.”
Tensions are rising in southern Gaza, where Palestinian media reported Monday that “the Israeli military killed two Palestinians in Rafah.
There was no immediate response from the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) about the clashes, which raised doubts about the status of the Israel-Hamas truce.
Hamas-controlled authorities say Israel’s military actions have killed more than 48,000 Palestinians in Gaza and displaced most of the population.
The war began when Hamas-led fighters attacked southern Israel on October 7, 2023, killing about 1,200 people and capturing more than 250 hostages, according to Israeli data.
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
As the Israeli prime minister visited the nation, Hungary announced Thursday that it would withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague.
Mass protests against Hamas continued in Gaza on Wednesday—following two days of demonstrations last week, marking the most significant unrest in 18 months—as the terror group tortured and killed two protesters, threatened a crackdown, and drew vows of revenge from the victims’ families.
A night raid by suspected Fulani militants in Bokkos County, Nigeria, left 11 Christians dead, including a pregnant woman, her husband, and a 10-year-old girl.
A house church pastor was sentenced to five years in prison, according to a magazine covering religious liberty and human rights in China.
Between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, the Israeli Air Force carried out widespread strikes across Syria, targeting military bases and facilities from the Assad regime era — a move widely seen as a warning to Turkey.
The secretary general of the NATO military alliance on Thursday mourned four American soldiers who were killed during a military exercise in Lithuania.
President Donald Trump and some Republicans were quick to shrug off stock losses Thursday as the market responds to a jolt from Trump’s reciprocal tariffs.