
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Ukraine has launched its first strikes inside Russian territory using U.S.-made long-range missiles, according to Russia’s Ministry of Defense. In response to the Biden Administration allowing Ukraine to use U.S. missiles, Russian President Vladimir Putin has approved a revised nuclear doctrine that eases the conditions for using nuclear weapons.
Moscow reports that following President Biden’s approval, Ukrainian forces launched six U.S.-made ATACMS (Army Tactical Missile Systems) into Russian territory on Tuesday. Russia claims to have intercepted five of these missiles and damaged the sixth, with debris landing near a Russian military facility, causing a small fire but no casualties or significant damage.
Putin has previously stated that allowing Ukraine to use missiles would essentially mean that the U.S. and NATO are “in the war.”
This new policy was enacted on the 1,000th day of the war with Ukraine, just one day after President Biden authorized Ukraine to use U.S.-supplied long-range missiles for strikes inside Russia.
The doctrine states that Moscow will treat “aggression by a nonnuclear state, if supported or participated in by a nuclear-armed state, as a joint attack on the Russian Federation.”
While the revised nuclear doctrine does not guarantee a nuclear response to attacks, it does emphasize the unpredictability of the “scale, time, and place” of potential nuclear deterrent use.
When questioned whether this update was in response to President Biden easing restrictions on Ukrainian strikes into Russia, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov described the timing of the doctrine’s release as “timely,” according to the Associated Press.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
After the Fifth Circuit last month allowed Texas’ border security law, SB 4, to go into effect, another federal court has now blocked four of its provisions.
Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend their ceasefire by 45 days as the United States pushes forward with a broader diplomatic framework aimed at securing the volatile northern border and preventing renewed conflict with Hezbollah.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he would be “the first person” to support Vice President JD Vance if Vance seeks the Republican presidential nomination in 2028, even as early polling continues to place both men among the leading names in the GOP’s post-Trump future.
Ukraine launched one of its largest drone barrages of the war against Russia overnight, killing at least four people — including three near Moscow — and wounding more than a dozen others, officials said Sunday.
Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria.
Bulgaria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time Saturday, while Israel finished second in a final overshadowed by boycotts and protests over Israel’s participation amid the war in Gaza.
Italian authorities say a man deliberately drove a car into a crowd late Saturday in the northern Italian city of Modena, injuring at least eight people — four of them seriously — in the latest violent vehicle attack in a series of similar incidents across Europe.