
by Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Mossad Director David Barnea described the September 17, 2024 operation that targeted Hezbollah with explosives embedded in their beepers as the “turning point” in the war against the terrorist organization.
On September 17, 2024, thousands of pagers used by Hezbollah terrorists detonated simultaneously, killing 30 and injuring 4,000, primarily terrorists. The pagers were remotely detonated months after they were first adopted by the terrorists.
Barnea told the Institute for National Security Studies (INSS) that the beeper operation was “a clear example of the realization of our mission,” emphasizing that it “reflects a deep understanding of the enemy, intelligence mastery, technological superiority, and exceptional operational capabilities.”
He described the operation as a “turning point” in the northern conflict, noting it marked “the beginning of the 10 days that shifted the balance in our favor, from the exploding pagers to the elimination of Nasrallah and the subsequent ceasefire agreement.”
Barnea commended Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for greenlighting the operation against Hezbollah, despite internal opposition and rebutted former defense minister Yoav Gallant’s claim that delays lessened its effectiveness.
“The preparatory infrastructure for the operation was established in late 2022, with the first shipment of 500 pagers arriving in Lebanon just weeks before the horrific massacre of October 7,” Barnea stated.
He emphasized that an earlier launch would not have achieved the same impactful results. By September 2024, he explained, “Ten times more beepers were detonated than at the start of the war, and twice as many radios were used.”
“The decision to launch the operation on September 17, 2024, presented a significant dilemma. In discussions about approval, two valid schools of thought emerged,” Barnea stated.
He concluded, “The prime minister ultimately decided against the prevailing opinion, and now we are witnessing the outcome.”
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Thousands of protesters cheered in Seoul Friday as they watched a broadcast announcing that South Korea’s top court voted unanimously to dismiss the country’s impeached president, Yoon Suk Yeol.
The Pentagon’s acting inspector general announced Thursday that he would review U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s use of the Signal messaging application to convey potentially classified plans for a military strike against Houthi militants in Yemen.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump said Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may visit the United States next week.
As the Israeli prime minister visited the nation, Hungary announced Thursday that it would withdraw from the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague.
Mass protests against Hamas continued in Gaza on Wednesday—following two days of demonstrations last week, marking the most significant unrest in 18 months—as the terror group tortured and killed two protesters, threatened a crackdown, and drew vows of revenge from the victims’ families.
A night raid by suspected Fulani militants in Bokkos County, Nigeria, left 11 Christians dead, including a pregnant woman, her husband, and a 10-year-old girl.
A house church pastor was sentenced to five years in prison, according to a magazine covering religious liberty and human rights in China.