
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
JERUSALEM/TEHRAN (Worthy News) – Iran has reportedly put its defense systems around its nuclear sites on high alert amid fears of an imminent attack by Israel and the United States.
Britain’s The Telegraph newspaper cited “two high-level government sources” as saying that the Islamic Republic has bolstered defenses around key nuclear and missile sites, which include the deployment of additional air defense system launchers.
Officials say the measures are in response to growing concerns of potential joint military action by Israel and the United States, who have expressed concerns about Iran’s nuclear program.
Tehran says its nuclear activities are for peaceful purposes, but Israel and most of its allies suspect the Islamic Republic of developing atomic weapons.
The latest standoff follows warnings from U.S. intelligence that Israel would likely target key Iranian nuclear sites this year.
“They [Iranian authorities] are just waiting for the attack and are anticipating it every night, and everything has been on high alert – even in sites that no one knows about,” one unified source told The Telegraph.
“Work to fortify nuclear sites has been ongoing for years, but it has intensified over the past year, particularly since Israel launched the first attack,” he added.
WARNING FROM TEHRAN
The information seemed in line with Worthy News’s investigation in recent months.
Last year, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei already anticipated a significant strike, threatening Israel and the U.S. with “a crushing response” to attacks on Iran and its allies.
“The enemies, whether the Zionist regime or the United States of America, will definitely receive a crushing response to what they are doing to Iran and the Iranian nation and to the resistance front,” Khamenei said in comments monitored by Worthy News.
Tehran has reasons to be worried: In an election speech in October, then-presidential candidate Donald J. Trump stated that Israel should “hit the Iranian nuclear first and worry about the rest later” in response to Iran’s massive ballistic missile attack on Israel on October 1.
Iran launched some 200 ballistic missiles at Israel, sending most of the population rushing to bomb shelters and safe rooms.
The attack caused relatively minor damage to military bases and some residential areas but killed a Palestinian man in the West Bank.
Israel retaliated with airstrikes on Iranian military targets, especially missile production sites and long-range air defense systems, on October 26.
NUCLEAR SITES
That was expected to make it easier for Israel to hit Iran’s nuclear sites, with support from the White House.
Iran’s choices are limited going forward, according to Israeli sources and analysts.
“The reality is: Trump is going to support [Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu and give him the green light to do whatever he wants,” said Hassan Hassan, an author and researcher on Islamic groups.
“Trump is much worse [than Harris] for Iran,” the author added.
Hassan told Israeli media that Washington delegated a significant share of responsibility to Israel in the conflict with Iran and its proxies.
“The U.S. is involved enough in that it’s backing Israel, maybe more so than before. This time it’s just things are really bad for Iran. Iran is seen as a problem by both Republicans and Democrats.”
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Pastor Praveen Pagadala, one of India’s most well-known Christian evangelists, has been found dead under alleged suspicious circumstances in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, Worthy News learned Wednesday. He was 46.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Wednesday he would sign “a historic executive order instituting reciprocal tariffs on countries throughout the world” ranging from 10 percent to 49 percent.
European Central Bank head Christine Lagarde warned Wednesday that U.S. President Donald Trump’s planned tariffs will have a negative impact worldwide, with the damage depending on how far they go, how long they last, and whether they lead to successful negotiations.
The FBI ordered agents to stop discussing Hunter Biden’s laptop just hours after one of its own inadvertently confirmed its authenticity to Twitter, internal messages show. Ahead of The Post’s 2020 reports, the FBI had warned tech giants of a potential Russian disinformation dump resembling the laptop contents. Once the story broke, Facebook execs weighed censorship strategies to align with the expected Biden-Harris administration, according to a congressional investigation.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday that Israel is expanding its Gaza operations after heavy overnight strikes, with troops set to clear terrorists and infrastructure and seize territory for expanded security zones.
At least six nuclear-capable B-2 Spirit stealth bombers have been seen at Camp Thunder Bay on Diego Garcia, a remote U.S. base in the Indian Ocean according to satellite imagery analyzed on Wednesday by the Associated Press.
Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister issued a strong warning to the United States, cautioning that any military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities would lead to “catastrophic” consequences for the entire region after President Donald Trump threatened the “bombing the likes they have never seen before.”