
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
AMSTERDAM/BERLIN/BUDAPEST (Worthy News) – Germany’s top prosecutor has charged an alleged Islamic extremist with “murder, attempted murder and membership in a terrorist organization abroad” following a deadly knife attack last year at a festival in the western German city of Solingen.
The August 24 violence left three dead and 10 wounded at a festival marking the city’s 650th anniversary.
News about the case came as neighboring Netherlands is reeling from deadly knife attacks.
Investigators said a 29-year-old man has been arrested following the fatal stabbing of an 11-year-old girl in the Dutch central city of Nieuwegein.
Police confirmed the man had Dutch and Moroccan nationality, fueling anger within the country’s largest anti-Islam Partij Party for Freedom.
Party leader Geert Wilders said this multicultural violence would destroy the “Netherlands,” prompting an angry response from opposition party Denk (“Think”), who accused him of spreading hatred.
SILENT MARCH
On Saturday, at a massive silent march, mourners remembered 13-year-old Joni from the Dutch city of Schiedam, who was also fatally stabbed.
Joni took his last breath last Sunday after being attacked by another teenager whose details have not been released.
Yet the stabbings, including those carried out by extreme Muslims, have added to a sense of insecurity among Europeans.
Authorities in the Netherlands warned of possible Islamic attacks during massive carnival events and a festival in the port city of Rotterdam.
Back in Germany, prosecutors said the alleged perpetrator shared the “radical ideology of the Islamic State extremist group.”
Wilders and others say many more attacks are possible as extremists are among the millions of mainly Muslim migrants feeling war, persecution, and poverty.
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
More Worthy News
Pastor Praveen Pagadala, one of India’s most well-known Christian evangelists, has been found dead under alleged suspicious circumstances in the southern state of Andhra Pradesh, Worthy News learned Wednesday. He was 46.
U.S. President Donald J. Trump announced Wednesday he would sign “a historic executive order instituting reciprocal tariffs on countries throughout the world” ranging from 10 percent to 49 percent.
European Central Bank head Christine Lagarde warned Wednesday that U.S. President Donald Trump’s planned tariffs will have a negative impact worldwide, with the damage depending on how far they go, how long they last, and whether they lead to successful negotiations.
The FBI ordered agents to stop discussing Hunter Biden’s laptop just hours after one of its own inadvertently confirmed its authenticity to Twitter, internal messages show. Ahead of The Post’s 2020 reports, the FBI had warned tech giants of a potential Russian disinformation dump resembling the laptop contents. Once the story broke, Facebook execs weighed censorship strategies to align with the expected Biden-Harris administration, according to a congressional investigation.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz announced Wednesday that Israel is expanding its Gaza operations after heavy overnight strikes, with troops set to clear terrorists and infrastructure and seize territory for expanded security zones.
At least six nuclear-capable B-2 Spirit stealth bombers have been seen at Camp Thunder Bay on Diego Garcia, a remote U.S. base in the Indian Ocean according to satellite imagery analyzed on Wednesday by the Associated Press.
Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister issued a strong warning to the United States, cautioning that any military strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities would lead to “catastrophic” consequences for the entire region after President Donald Trump threatened the “bombing the likes they have never seen before.”